Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Next Madonna

The first time I heard of Lady Gaga, it was on the radio and her song, "Just Dance" was playing on every popular radio station here in Hawaii. I am not going to lie, but I like the song. It was catchy and it was fun song to listen to. But that's all I knew of her. I never saw any of her music videos, who she is or even knew what she looked like. I figured she was just like any other pop singer out there. But my girlfriend changed my perspective and my opinion on the singer from New York.

Lady Gaga, whose name derived from the Queen song "Radio Ga Ga" is a musical virtuoso who discovered her talent as early as 3 years old. Her influences range from Madonna, David Bowie, Queen and even artist Andy Warhol. All these influences are reflected in her music, her style and music videos which Miss Lady Gaga has complete creative direction on. There is so many wonderful things I can say about her, but all I know is that I absolutely respect her as an artist, songwriter and a musician. She is amazing. I highly recommend The Fame It is a fantastic record. For those that have already have the record or have don't have it yet, pick up The Fame Monster, which is the deluxe edition of The Fame with additional bonus tracks.


No comments:

Post a Comment