Monday, November 8, 2010

Mental Wealth


Chris Cunningham is one of my favorite music video film directors. He began his career working on the Stanley Kubrick film, A.I., in which he worked on the robotic designs for the film. After his work on A.I., he pursued making music videos for many artists. Some artists include Bjork, Aphex Twin, Portishead and Squarepusher. Chris Cunningham has also made commercials which included Playstation (see Mental Wealth) and Gucci (see Gucci Flora). I love how he utilized dark elements in his videos. Some of his videos features distorted looking characters, dark rooms and even strange transformations. But despite the bleak nature of the videos, there is a obvious beauty that can be found if looked at more closely. I wish I could post all of his videos, but I narrowed it down to three of my favorites. The first one is "All Is Full of Love" by Bjork. The second one is "Come On My Selector" by Squarepusher. The third one is "Frozen" by Madonna. Take a look at these videos. If you have a Chris Cunningham video, please share it.








No comments:

Post a Comment