Thursday, November 11, 2010

Daft Punk Helmet


If you have ever Guy-Manuel de Homen-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, aka legendary electronic duo Daft Punk, you will usually see them wearing their traditional helmets. Their helmets, futuristic in design, are stunning to look at. I bet that there are some of you (Daft Punk fans and me included) that would love to get your hands on the their headpiece. Thanks to Harrison Krix and Volpin Props, our dreams can now be reality.


Harrison Krix is a graphic designer from Atlanta and the man behind Volpin Props. With Volpin Props, he makes and designs for replica props based on movies, video games and many more. His work is absolutely phenomenal, but my favorite would have to be his replica of Guy-Manuel's helmet. My girlfriend showed me the video and I was extremely impressed. The replica was perfectly designed down to the tiniest detail. It even lights up like the real one. It took Krix and Volpin Props 17 months to replicate the headpiece, but the final product is quite a beauty. Daft Punk would be so proud. To see the fruit of their labor, watch the video below. For more information on Harrison Krix and Volpin Props, go to their facebook or their official blog.




On another note, my girlfriend and I are thrilled that Daft Punk will be doing the soundtrack for the upcoming Disney sci-fi film Tron: Legacy. They are the perfect choice. Plus, the movie looks mind-blowing!


No comments:

Post a Comment