Friday, January 22, 2010

Animated Band

Gorillaz is a "virtual band" (I prefer the word "animated" instead of "virtual") created by Blur vocalist Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett, a comic book artist known for creating Tank Girl. There are two things I love about the Gorillaz. One is that they are not your typical so-called rock band. Along with rock music, their sound ranges from hip-hop, electronica and pop music. Second, I love their live shows. Not only is their live shows fantastic, but there is something truly amazing about watching an animated band live on stage. Don't believe me? Watch HERE and tell me what you think. Also, the Gorillaz will be releasing their long-awaited third album, Plastic Beach on March 9 this year. Check out the album artwork below.


No comments:

Post a Comment