Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random Musical Number

I have just watched the movie (500) Days of Summer with my girlfriend about a week ago and I have been meaning to write about it, but I never got a chance to. Anyways, the movie was awesome. The cinematography and the storytelling is absolutely brilliant. The one thing I love about the movie is that it is not your typical love story (that is a forewarning to some of you). It is a real and natural love story. Oh, did I mention the music was also great? Before my girlfriend and I watched the movie, we picked up the soundtrack and we both instantly love fell in love with the music. It features artists such as Regina Spektor, The Smiths, She & Him (the leading lady of the movie, Zooey Deschanel's own music project), The Temper Trap, Simon & Garfunkel and of course Hall & Oates. Speaking of Hall & Oates, one of my favorite scenes in the movie was when Tom, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt did a mini musical number with their song "You Make My Dreams Come True". I wish when I have a good day that me and bunch of people would randomly break out into song and dance. I was able to find the video online and just want to share it with you. But I highly suggest watching the movie when you have the time. Don't forget to bring a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment