Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All Time Low Returns


Two years ago, The Starting Line came to Hawaii for the first time and played a show at Pipeline Cafe. I was there that night and it was one of the most extraordinary concert experiences I ever had in my life. But I'm not going to talk about The Starting Line. In fact, I going to talk about the band that opened up for them that night. The opening act was All Time Low. Originally from Baltimore, Maryland and inspired by pop punk acts like New Found Glory (their name was derived from the NFG song "Head On Collision") and Blink 182, Alex (Vocals/Guitar), Rian (Drums), Jack (Guitar) and Zach (Bass) have started their band before they reached high school. Upon their senior year in high school, the band was signed to Hopeless Records and have released their albums Put Up or Shut Up and So Wrong, It's Right, which garnered mainstream success. I was unfamiliar with the pop punk outfit at the time and that night was the first time I got a taste of their music. At first listen, I was not surprised at the type of music they played. It was obviously pop punk, but their music as well as the band had a lot of character and that's what won me over. By the end of set, their songs were already ingrained into my brain and I immediately bought So Wrong, It's Right, which I was able to get it signed by three of the four members of the band (Rian was no where to be found). After the release of their latest album, Nothing Personal, the band returned to Hawaii to play another show except this time they were the main act. Unfortunately though, I was not able to make it to the show on the night they returned.


However, Bamp Project has announced that the pop punk jokers are coming back to Hawaii for the third time on August 1, 2010. Word has it that they will be playing some new material for their new album coming out sometime this year. For those of you who are interested in going to the show, but have not heard any of their music, you can watch this video (posted by Jason Tate of Absolutepunk.net), which is from their live DVD, Straight to DVD. It's a small taste of what you can experience at their live show, but nothing beats the real thing. If you are available that August 1st, come down to Pipeline Cafe and check out their show. You might even get a chance to meet the guys after the show and trust me, they are a great group of guys.


All Time Low - Dear Maria: Live Premiere from Jason Tate on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment