Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Love Foolsophy

Remember the last entry that I wrote about for Jamiroquai (hopefully by now, you would know how to pronounce that)? Well, around that time I was on this Jamiroquai craze where I have been listening to their music nonstop. Everything from his debut record Emergency On Planet Earth to his breakthrough record Travelling Without Moving to his last record before going on a hiatus, Dynamite. Out of all the albums that I listened to, the album that I was very fond of was their 2006 release A Funk Odyssey. Unlike their previous works, Jamiroquai combined elements of pop, jazz and funk with their traditional acid jazz/acid funk sound. What resulted is an album that is funky but at the same time bold and daring. After listening to the record, I started looking up some of his videos and live performances on Youtube. One of the videos I saw caught my attention and made me think about my girlfriend.



The video was a live performance of “Love Foolsophy” from the album A Funk Odyssey, which was shot and recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London. The thing I liked about the performance is how it captured the same funky and happy feeling that the song exemplifies on the record. That same spirited feeling reminds me of my girlfriend all the fun and blissful moments we share together. Maybe that is why I love the song so much. It is because it is true representation of the fun and jovial side of our relationship. Not many know this, but we are a very goofy couple. We love the crack silly jokes to each other and talk about the most outrageous and random things that we think of. In general, we love to laugh and be playful. Whenever I think about all the fun times we have together, it makes me realize how wonderful it is to be with someone where you can act like a complete fool to one another, but still love each other unconditionally. On that note, check out this stellar performance of the song “Love Foolsophy” by Jamiroquai and share it with someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment