Thursday, July 29, 2010

Symmetrical Face

In honor of my girlfriend's birthday, I'm going to write about one of the first artists she told me about when we first started dating. Not only is she one of the most talented musician/songwriter I had ever heard of, but is also happens to have the most symmetrical face I had ever seen.

Now I probably wondering what I mean with the whole "symmetrical" thing. Well, if you ever watched Bones before (my girlfriend was the one that got me into the show), Dr. "Bones" Brennan uses the word "symmetrical" to describe how handsome her partner Booth is, whom she has a very intimate connection with. I’m not saying that St. Vincent’s striking face is “handsome”, but she is very beautiful. Anne Clark, known by her moniker St. Vincent, is a talented songwriter/musician who was a former member of the The Polyphonic Spree. Her moniker was came from Saint Vincent Medical Center where famous poet Dylan Thomas died. After her stint with The Polysphronic Spree, she began her solo music career. Her albums, the stunning debut, Marry Meand her equally impressive follow up, Actor are two musical masterpieces that showcases the artist's talent and innovation. Her music is as elaborate and intricate as her voice is graceful and captivating. However, St. Vincent's biggest strengths lays in her songwriting. Songs like "Land Mines" (from Marry Me) and "Marrow" (from Actor) really display her ingenius use of imagery and imagination.

If it wasn't for my wonderful girlfriend, I would not be able to discover such an amazing artist. Happy birthday, sweetheart.


No comments:

Post a Comment