Sunday, December 20, 2009

Go Go Gadget

My brain is like a radio and it is constantly playing music 24/7. Recently I was feeling a little nostalgic and there was a familiar tune playing in my mind. The tune was from a group (they were also considered a "boyband" at the time) from the late 90's known by the name of Youngstown. There were first known by their single, "I'll Be Your Everything" from the 1999 film Inspector Gadget. They would later release their debut album, Let's Roll, which had a pretty decent collection of songs from the guys. Two of my favorites on that album were "The Prince You've Charmed" and "Pedal To The Steel". But the tune that was playing from my head was from their song "Sugar", which is from their second and final album, Down for the Get Down. It's a catchy song and it's funny how I still remember the lyrics after all these years. The video was pretty cool, too. It even had a little Blink-182 spoof in it. I'm not sure what happened to the guys after the second album, but at least they released, in my opinion, a pretty decent collection of songs from both albums. If you have never heard of Youngstown before or feel like listening to some classic late 90's pop music, give these guys a chance. You might even ask yourself, "How come I never listened to these guys sooner?"







No comments:

Post a Comment