Saturday, October 3, 2009

Playing With Her Vowels

One of my favorite artist that I hold dear to my heart is a singer-songwriter and pianist by the name of Regina Spektor. She was born in Moscow, Russia and moved to New York at the tender age of 9. Her sound is a very tricky one. It is very distinct and influences range from classical music, jazz, pop and folk. One thing I admire about her is her vocals. She has a very strong vocal range and she uses many different vocal techniques to complement her already unique sound. My girlfriend even noticed that she loves to play with her vowels when she sings. Listen to her song Eet and you will know what I mean. Her latest album, Far is one of my favorites of this year. Spinner.com has her featured on their webpage and it includes live performances as well as an interview. For some of you who are unfamilar with who she is, go check out her interview below to learn more about her and click on the link below to go to Spinner.com to watch her live performance.


Regina Spektor Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment