Monday, October 5, 2009

Cassettes In Cereal Boxes

One of the first cassettes I ever owned was this two-single cassette tape by a group of guys known as The Guys Next Door. I got the cassette from a box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios during my early days in elementary school. The cassette had only two songs, "Magic Night" and "I Was Made For You", one song on each corresponding side. I remembered listening to that tape for hours. It was good old fashion 90's pop music. I did not know who exactly The Guys Next Door were at the time, but I did remember their music.

Lately, I've been curious who these guys are so I did a little bit of research. It turns out that The Guys Next Door was actually a TV show in the early 90's about a group of guys who can sing and dance. The show did not last long, but they were able to release a full length album and released thousands of cassette tapes in boxes of Apple Cinammon Cheerios across the United States.

For your listening and viewing pleasure, I have posted the video for my favorite song, "I Was Made For You" from the guys. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you internet! Yesss! Magic Night has been playing in my head at random times for over 25 years and NO ONE knows what I'm talking about when I ask. Thanks for the validation and trip down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete