Monday, April 26, 2010

Holy Ground

This past week, Absolutepunk.net did an AbsolutExclusive on one of my favorite bands, Mono. For those that don't know, Mono is a band from Tokyo, Japan that are known for playing atmospheric instrumental rock music with influences of classical, shoegazing and noise. It turns out and I had no idea that they were doing this, but Mono is releasing a live CD/DVD of their live performance at the Society for Ethical Culture Hall in New York. That performance was a milestone for the band it marked their 10 year anniversary as a band. The live CD/DVD is called Holy Ground: NYC Live With the Wordless Music Orchestra (How awesome is that name?). The live record will be released on April 27th (that's tomorrow, boys and girls) and Absolutepunk.net will be holding an exclusive stream of the live record on their website. Simply just go to Mono's AP.net profile (you have to register to the site, but trust me it's worth it) and listen to their stream. I have not gotten a chance to hear it yet, but I have no doubt in my mind that it will mind-blowing and I look forward to watching the live DVD. I don't know how long the stream will be up, but I suggest you go check it out as soon as you can. Also, if you have not listen to any of their records, you are truly missing out. Go and check out their discography including their recent masterpiece and one of my favorite records of 2009, Hymn to the Immortal Wind. Trust me, their records will not disappoint. On one final note, I will leave you with the trailer for Holy Ground (below) and also awesome picture shot (above) from their 10th anniversary show. Seriously, does that look like an experience or what?


No comments:

Post a Comment