Friday, April 2, 2010

Paul DiGiovanni Incident

Ever since I got back from Long Beach, I've been wanting to write about this particular incident. For those that kept up with my tweets on Twitter, you may have an idea what I'm talking about.

It was my last day in Long Beach and my family had just dropped me off at LAX airport. I barely got any sleep the night before and I was still feeling a little tired. After I checked in my bag, I went toward the security checkpoint and waited in line with the other travelers. While I was waiting, I noticed someone in the line. From the first glance, I can tell that he was musician. He had a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans and a guitar case in his hand. The funny thing was that when I looked at him, he looked familiar to me. As though I may have seen him before from a magazine, a CD or even a live show. As the line slowly moved toward the security checkout, I've been trying to think about where I knew him from. Then I remembered an acoustic set that I watched on AOL Music a year or two ago. Then it hit me and I recognized him instantly. The guy in the black leather jacket, black skinny jeans and guitar in his hand was none other than Paul DiGiovanni, the lead guitarist of the pop rock band, Boys Like Girls. As soon as I got through the security checkout point, I went up to him and immediately shook his hand. We talked a little bit and I told him how much I admire his music with Boys Like Girls. He was a pretty cool guy. He even let me take a picture with him (his friend was kind of enough to take the photo on my phone). Afterwards, we went off to our respected gates to board our flights. Before I got on the plane, I checked my phone to see the picture that was taken. It turns out that the photo was not saved and I lost the photo I took with Paul DiGiovanni. I was left with no prove that I met the lead guitarist for Boys Like Girls. Talk about epic fail...

Boys Like Girls are currently on tour promoting their current album, Love Drunk, a power-packed rock album with rich pop melodies and catchy hooks. Pick it at your nearest record store. Also featured below, check out the acoustic set that got me to recognize Paul DiGiovanni at LAX. It features him and lead singer Chris Martin performing "Thunder". Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment