Friday, June 25, 2010

King of Pop Remembered

The world was in awe when they found out that the reigning King of Pop passed away on last year on June 25, 2009. It was not just a sad day for many who have loved and listened to his music, but it was a tragic day in the world of music. The music world had lost icon on that day, who's influence had made an impact in the lives of many artists today and who's impact had spanned beyond any genre in music. I couldn't believe that it's already been a year since his untimely death. Even today when I think about it, my heart saddens and I get a little teary eyed. The first time I witnessed Michael Jackson was when I was five years old watching the video for his song, "Smooth Criminal". Since then, I listened every song he recorded and watched every video he made. In a way, I grew up listening to Michael Jackson just like anyone who has picked up a Michael Jackson record or has seen him live. He carries that magic that no other artist has before and after him. He is one unique individual and he will always be remembered. I know and admit that the last years of his life was somewhat of a crazy rollercoaster ride filled with strange incidents and crazy photos in the tabloids. But the bottom line is that deep down in the hearts of all his fans, we can help, but love and appreciate all the magical and wonderful things he has done for the world of music. For those that are reading this and were one of those that was touched by Michael Jackon's music, please take the time out of your day and remember him. Rest in Peace, King of Pop. For even after a year, you are still missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment