Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hallowbaloo


Hallowbaloo is an event that happens every year in Chinatown around Halloween. It is an event that celebrates the music and arts of Hawaii. I had never gone before, but I think this year I will make an exception. A few days ago, my friend texted me that Hallowbaloo and told me that plenty of bands are going to be playing that night. Curious as I was, I went to their website to check on the lineup. Many of the bands listed were local bands, but one of them stood out among the rest.


The indie folk group, Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros will be headlining the kick off concert on October 29th. Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros is musical project began by vocalist and leader, Alex Ebert. He is also the vocalist of his original band, Ima Robot. I had never listened to their music before, after watching some live footage of them performing (see below), I couldn't be more excited to see them. For those in the Hawaii area, get your tickets for Hallowbaloo here and make sure to see Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros this Friday Oct. 29th at Aloha Tower Marketplace at 8:30pm. For more info, go to Hallowbaloo's official website.


No comments:

Post a Comment