Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Perfect Collaboration

One thing that I noticed about Bring Me The Horizon is that they are one of the few metalcore bands that are not afraid to experiment with electronic and ambient elements. They began incorporating these in their last album, the crticially acclaimed Suicide Season. With their newest release (please bear with me), There Is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is a Heaven Lets Keep It a Secret, they utilized these elements a little further in hopes that it would expand and diversify their sound. As a result, their latest work is perfect mix of heavy and complexity. But what blew my mind the most was the appearance of electro-pop sensation Lights on the record. She was featured in the tracks, "Crucify Me" and "Don't Go" and although both parties' respective music are at different sides of the musical spectrum, Light's elegant voice complements perfectly with the band's music. For your listening pleasure, I posted my favorite track of the two, "Don't Go". It not only features a killer breakdown from BMTH, but it also displays Lights' ability and versatility to sing in any genre other than her own.


If you have not done so yet, pick up Bring Me The Horizon's new record (bear with me again), There Is A Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret. I highly recommend it. While you are at it, don't forget to pick up Light's current record, The Listening.

"Don't Go" (Featuring Lights) by Bring Me The Horizon by Future Phonograph

No comments:

Post a Comment