Saturday, October 22, 2011

Odd Soul

I can't emphasize this enough. MUTEMATH is the band that everyone MUST see before they die!

The musicianship of the band tremendous and quite frankly, mind-blowing. For those that were fortunate enough to see the band live, they will understand what I'm talking about. On top of that, there is something the way they create music. Somehow, they are light years away from many of the bands that exists today. More importantly, it's the spirit daring adventurism that they bring on stage is what makes they truly remarkable. If you ask me, MUTEMATH is the band of the future (read my entry entitled The Future of Alternative Rock and my live review of the band)
For the past year, the band is hard at work on their their studio album, Odd Soul. I received the album a few days ago and I must say, it was quite a different listening experience. From what I noticed, the album is more driven by guitars rather than keyboards and synths. Although Greg Hill left the band early in 2010, Roy Mitchell-Cardenas really stepped up to the plate in playing both bass and guitars parts for the new record. The drumming by Darren King is superb like always as he continues to find new innovative ways to play the instrument. Finally, Paul Meany, the legendary keytarist and dynamic frontman outdid himself on Odd Soul and provided quality vocals once again.

The band has already started promoting the new record by releasing two music videos. The first one is for the title track while the other one is for "Blood Pressure". Their videos are amazing and I love their use of stop motion. It really shows their just as innovative visually as well as musically.





No comments:

Post a Comment